International Institute for Sport and Olympic History
Library and Museum
WATER POLO ENDOWMENT
The IISOH is seeking $1 million (one million Dollars) from a benefactor in order to establish an endowment for the sport of WATER POLO.
This is a naming opportunity for the benefactor to have a perpetual identification with the sport of WATER POLO. The endowment would be named by the benefactor with the approval of the IISOH Board of Directors. The endowment becomes a permanent trust fund invested by the Institute with only the quarterly earned interest being used for development of the WATER POLO collections in both the Library and Museum.
Cash donations IN ANY AMOUNT are always welcome, too.
For more details about the endowment program, please click hereEndowment Program.
The Library and Museum eagerly accept donations of material that are within the scope of its collections. Collectors are encouraged to send us books, monographs, theses & dissertations, magazine and subscription collections for the library, as well as medals, pins, torches, posters, artwork and collectables for the Museum.
- Material in ANY language, including but not limited to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Flemish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, Serbo-Croatian, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Farsi, Sanskrit and dozens of others.
The scope of the collection is international and comprehensive.
- Theses & Dissertations
- Bound and unbound serials (magazines, journals, etc)
- Newspapers (hard copies or microfilm)
- Juvenile literature
- Reference books
- Archives of organizations
- Original letters of correspondance
- Ephemera (pamphlets, booklets, folders, flyers, tickets, etc).
- Miscellaneous items that do not fit into the above categories
- Water Polo Posters
- Antique Water Polo equipment
- Statuary in bronze, resin, plaster, terracotta, etc.
- Paintings, Serigraphs, Drawings, etc.
- Photographs, prints, negatives, glass plates, etc.
- Films, movies, videos, dvd's, especially older films in need of archival preservation
- Music, records, tapes, sheet music
- Graphics, 16th - 19th century lithographs & prints
- Water Polo-related medals, awards, trophies
- Water Polo commemorative medals, participation medals, badges, etc.
- Water Polo pins
- Water Polo flags, banners, advertising
- Water Polo-related memorabilia
- Philatelic items, stamp collections, illustrated postcards on Water Polo
- Numismatic items, coins, exonumia with Water Polo themes
- Uniforms, clothing, textiles, fashions
- Physical education, recreation and play equipment related to Water Polo
- Games, especially antique items
These lists are not comprehensive and are limited only by your imagination!
Keep in mind that Water Polo is an international sport and that we seek material in every language
in order to develop the most comprehensive collection in the world.
For additional subject areas that we seek,
see the list in the SUBJECTS area for endowments.
Click here to see the Subject List
The IISOH is a non-profit, educational, literary and research organization
incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
The IISOH is organized to operate to operate a library and museum devoted to the History of Sport, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance, Sport in Art and the Olympic Games.
Other links to pages about the International Institute for Sport and Olympic History
Read the Articles of Incorporation here
Read the BYLAWS here
Meet the Board of Directors here
Become a CHARTER MEMBER or send a donation.
Mr. Harvey Abrams, President
International Institute for Sport and Olympic History (IISOH)
PO Box 175
State College, PA, USA 16804
The IISOH website is temporarily hosted by
This page was created February 26, 2002
This page was updated December 23, 2009