International Institute for Sport and Olympic History
Library and Museum
HOW TO DONATE to the
YACHTING & SAILING ENDOWMENT
The IISOH is seeking $1 million (one million Dollars) from a benefactor in order to establish an endowment for the sport of YACHTING & SAILING. This is a naming opportunity for the benefactor to have a perpetual identification with the sport of YACHTING & SAILING. The endowment would be named by the benefactor with the approval of the IISOH Board of Directors. The endowment becomes a permanent trust fund invested by the Institute with only the quarterly earned interest being used for development of the YACHTING & SAILING collections in both the Library and Museum.
Cash donations IN ANY AMOUNT are always welcome, too.
For more details about the endowment program, please click hereEndowment Program.
The Library and Museum eagerly accept donations of material that are within the scope of its collections. Collectors are encouraged to send us books, monographs, theses & dissertations, magazine and subscription collections for the library, as well as medals, pins, torches, posters, artwork and collectables for the Museum.
- Material in ANY language, including but not limited to English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portugese, Flemish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, Norwegian, Latin, Greek, Russian, Ukrainian, Serbo-Croatian, Hebrew, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, Farsi, Sanskrit and dozens of others.
The scope of the collection is international and comprehensive.
- Theses & Dissertations
- Bound and unbound serials (magazines, journals, etc)
- Newspapers (hard copies or microfilm)
- Juvenile literature
- Reference books
- Archives of organizations
- Original letters of correspondance
- Ephemera (pamphlets, booklets, folders, flyers, tickets, etc).
- Miscellaneous items that do not fit into the above categories
- YACHTING & SAILING Posters
- Antique YACHTING & SAILING equipment
- Statuary in bronze, resin, plaster, terracotta, etc.
- Paintings, Serigraphs, Drawings, etc.
- Photographs, prints, negatives, glass plates, etc.
- Films, movies, videos, dvd's, especially older films in need of archival preservation
- Music, records, tapes, sheet music
- Graphics, 16th - 19th century lithographs & prints
- YACHTING & SAILING-related medals, awards, trophies
- YACHTING & SAILING commemorative medals, participation medals, badges, etc.
- YACHTING & SAILING pins
- YACHTING & SAILING flags, banners, advertising
- YACHTING & SAILING-related memorabilia
- Philatelic items, stamp collections, illustrated postcards on YACHTING & SAILING
- Numismatic items, coins, exonumia with YACHTING & SAILING themes
- Uniforms, clothing, textiles, fashions
- Physical education, recreation and play equipment related to YACHTING & SAILING
- Games, especially antique items
These lists are not comprehensive and are limited only by your imagination!
Keep in mind that YACHTING & SAILING is an international sport and that we seek everything, in every language,
in order to develop the most comprehensive collection in the world.
SAILING is one of man's oldest activities but the actual sport dates from the 19th century.
For additional subject areas that we seek, see the list in the SUBJECTS area for endowments.
Go here to see the Subject List.
The IISOH is Pennsylvania a non-profit, educational, literary and research
under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code organized to operate a library and museum
devoted to the History of Sport, Physical Education, Recreation, Dance,
Sport in Art and the Olympic Games.
Other links to pages about the International Institute for Sport and Olympic History.
Read the Articles of Incorporation here.
Read the BYLAWS here
Meet the Board of Directors here
JBecome a CHARTER MEMBER or send a donation
Mr. Harvey Abrams, President
International Institute for Sport and Olympic History (IISOH)
PO Box 175
State College, PA, USA 16804
The IISOH website is temporarily hosted by
and is moving soon to iisoh.org
This page was created February 26, 2002
This page was updated December 23, 2009